Like "ha ha" funny

Manrepeller

"Live, kinda, from all across America: It's the Sunday newsletter."

I spent this morning sipping coffee that I accidentally brewed to espresso-level strength and watching last night's episode of SNL. This is the second episode they've filmed from home, and I've watched both of them with a level of desperation normally reserved for trying to make it to Xian Famous Foods before closing time. (Or, you know, a level of appreciation reserved for Edith.)

The thirst is easy to attribute: I am desperate for cultural togetherness and I also just really need to laugh right now. I've noticed recently that there's actually such a deficit of laughter in my life compared to the way life usually is, that each time I do laugh about something, I immediately take note of it, then try to recall the last time I laughed like that, feel grateful for each instance of laughter, then tuck those moments away in my mind, and hope that something funny happens again soon.

On the site, the balance in the collective mood of our stories has shifted week to week, depending on how we're feeling. At some points, we've all been enthusiastic about trying new things, whether that's by testing the limits of a lemon zester or a single pair of statement sweats. Other weeks have been more introspective, as we evaluate the things we miss (or don't miss, etc.) and the ways that we (and our thought patterns) are changing. This week was a little sillier. I think we needed it. Maybe you do too? If so, here are a collection of new stories that range from lighthearted and charming to—am I allowed to say?—genuine knee-slappers.

0421_CuomoSlides_Feature-636x636.jpg

I Reviewed the Work of the Artist Formerly Known as Governor Cuomo

view_2.png

042320_AnimalsTakingOver_feature-636x636.jpg

Animals Are Returning, Nature Is Healing, and My Frozen Heart Has Thawed

view_2.png

200421_Tweets-About-Partners-636x636.jpg

Notice Anything New About Your Cohabitator(s) Lately?

view_2.png

Etiquette_2.gif

How to End a Zoom Call, and Other Dilemmas: 9 Quarantine Etiquette Questions, Answered

view_2.png

041520_TeamMRWearingWFH_feature-636x636.jpg

What Are You *Really* Wearing to Stay Home? We'll Go First…

view_2.png

facebook.pngtwitter.pnginstagram.pngpinterest.pngbloglovin.pngpinterest.pngflipboard.png

You are receiving this email because you signed up to receive newsletters from ManRepeller.com

Man Repeller editors endorse products we genuinely love. If you end up buying something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more here.

Update Profile | Unsubscribe | Forward

Man Repeller LLC
632 Broadway
#602
New York, NY 10012

Add us to your address book

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Necessity Is the Mom of Invention

Are we changing? And if so, for how long?